October 20, 2009

Mac OGM to iPOD conversion

This is more of a post for my self because I always forget what the name of software tools, so here is my simple guide to converting OGM files on a Mac.

1. Download D-Vision from http://www.objectifmac.com/

2. Download and install the Xiph quicktime component. from http://www.xiph.org/quicktime/

3. Click tools and use the OGM Demuxer function to split the OGM file into separate parts.

4. Open the AVi video only file in quicktime 7. (Snow Leopard aka 10.6 will need an older version of Quicktime as vr X does not work with the Xiph component yet)

5. Copy the audio track and use the "add to movie" option to insert it over the video track.

6. Finally use the export option in quicktime to export it as iPhone or iPod format.

This works fine under 10.5 and below, however as noted in 10.6 you need to use the older ver of quicktime, see my guide on installing Quicktime 7 on Snow Leopard here.

2 comments:

MacJediMatt said...

I thought Handbrake did it as well. It's been a while and I don't have any ogm files to test with

Efeion said...

I can't quite remember why hand break did not work for me on the file I was using, however I think it was something about getting the audio track sync right. I remember something about the voice not syncing to the video. However it seemed to work fine in quicktime. Still I may have been using a older version then what is out right now, so it would be worth a try to see if it works now.