February 28, 2008

Space Invaders for your wall


I randomly stumbled upon Blik Surface Graphics who carry a set of wall decals that look like Space Invader sprites. Space invaders for the video game challenged is a simple game where you shoot aliens, using a little mobile cannon, before they get too low and invade the earth, or shoot you. There have been many renditions, but Space Invaders still remains one of the first arcade shooters.

I thought the decals where very cool, but I am a poor student and did not feel like paying the $12.50+ so I set out to make my own. Firing up AppleWorks I went to town with a bunch of black squares. They ended up looking like the real thing, so I was happy, and printed out the same number as the decal set would have. If you are feeling lazy and do not want to make your own, I have uploaded my set here for anyone to use.

The end result turned out rather nice, but now Matt says we need a Mario wall too, sounds good to me!

No comments: