February 19, 2008

Coolest NERF gun yet




Many guys my age had a hoard of NERF guns as a kid, heck I still have a hoard, although I do not use them quite as much. Still after seeing the new NERF Vulcan EBF-25 on Gizmodo, I know this might be worth looking into. It looks like some kind of advanced weapon, except for the orange coloring. However that is to make it not look real enough to get a kid shot for carrying this around, which is understandable. Still any moder could do a great paint job and make this look beyond awesome. Oh course the biggest question raised by this NERF gun is if you can modify the chain to be longer then 25 darts. A chain of 200 or more would be very impressive indeed.

After looking at the picture for a while another thing came to mind. The Vulcan EBF-25 looks very much like the portable turrets in Halo 3. They both grab on the top, and fire from the trigger on the back. The tripod is very similar as well. The front of the gun is the only major diffrence. So was this inspired from the NERF team playing halo? Who knows, but what I do know is any one I show the Vulcan EBF-25 to wants it. Way to go NERF!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just got mine today and the first thing I did was combine the two 25-shot chains into one nearly continue chain of 50! There are dummy chambers on the ends of the chains. I opened the two that I wanted to combine by unscrewing the two screws on each. One I removed and one I left on. I fed the belt into the remaining one by cutting a small space into it to fit the tooth there. This ensures that it is held in place. I used a knife to carve out a space for the belt to feed through before putting the two sides back together. Put the screws back and you're set! It fires continuously save for the one dummy that it passes in between. The only downside is that the two chains together are too much for the ammo box to hold with the lid closed but leave it open and no problem!

-VengeanceCube

Efeion said...

Awesome, I figured you could connect chains together. Sadly I am very broke right now from paying for school, or I would be so tempted to buy one this minute, and hearing this does not help my resolve ^_^.